Westcott Designs 2020-22′ Sequoia Fox TRD PRO Lift Kit

RIPFJ

Jul 1, 2023
I was excited to find an affordable option to lift my 2020 TRD Pro Sequoia and ordered Westcott Designs solution. The kit took a few weeks to arrive and once received, had questionable coating/finish problems (flaking, etc.) on some components. I addressed this with them and they promptly shipped replacements. This was much appreciated and left me with a positive feeling towards my purchase. Once the install started, things did NOT go well. The kit did not include instructions, their website does not have instructions; I did not find a video that addressed this vehicle or configuration specifically. Lift kit, is a lift kit, right? Not necessarily. Once I removed the struts, I used my phone to look at Wescott's specific kit's pictures to see if the isolator bushing was to be reused; the first two pictures of struts shown with this kit did not show the isolator bushing. I did not install it, only later to discover, reuse is intended. Yes, I took it all apart, again! Also, the upper spacers did not fit over the strut bolts, they were off by about a 16th of an inch, two of the four holes had to be bored out to work - so much for my powder coating concerns. Once I moved to the back, I wasn't sure about the best way to remove the springs. More research found a Westcott responses to a video that suggested removing the 4 sub-frame bolts as a quick method. Not sure I would endorse this technique; the assembly weight alone is concerning to me. I ended up removing the rear sway bar link ends and shocks, loosening the lower control arm bolts, and pushing the lower control arms down with the vehicle's bottle jack. First thing Monday a.m. I reached out to their customer service via email - no response to date, then called two days later and left a message with tech support. I wanted to get confirmation on the install prior to paying for an alignment. Nothing heard, so I called customer service and attempted to explain my frustrations with the kit and get confirmation of assembly. Their customer service rep was quick to state their tech support was out sick, later suggested I have a "professional" install the kit and pointed out the pics of the struts shown with the Sequoia kit are not sequoia struts - hmmm, so why are they there? They spent the rest of the conversation making counter points to my concerns and expressing how displeased they were with my tone and promptly ended the conversation. Personally, I will not recommend or do business with this company again. A simple piece of paper, or even brief mention under the additional information tab for their kit's components, could have saved me, and possibly others, hours of install time and assurance of proper installation. In summary: no instructions, no lock-tight as pictured (trip to parts store), spacers did not align and required modification, misleading pictures associated with the kit on their website, poor customer support.

Attachments

• Seq spacer 2.jpg
    Seq spacer 2.jpg
    293.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Seq spacer.jpg
    Seq spacer.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited: