Sketchy front end floating at High speeds

roamrio

Apr 24, 2023
Hey guys new to this form I have a 2002 sequoia that I'm having an issue with that I can not figure out a solution to. When driving on the freeway at 75 mph the steering feels very floaty and I feel like if I had to make a quick move this car would flip. I do not allow my wife to drive it because of how it feels I'll list below everything I have done.

Replaced Rack and Pin bushings

Replaced upper control arms

Replaced front struts

Replaced both lower control arms

Replaced both sway bar links

Replaced driver side upper ball joint

Replaced driver CV axel

Replaced Driver ABS Sensor

Replaced Driver Wheel Bearing

Replaced both front rotors

alignment was done and no change in the feeling.

Both lower ball joints replaced 2-3 years ago from dealer recall.

Current setup 285/70/17 with a 2.5 front spacer leveling kit. and wheel spacers.
also when taking fast curvers my traction control always comes on too when turning to the right.

I"m starting to feel this floating issue and traction control issues are all related to the bigger tires + Lift + Spacers. I'm almost considering just going back to 265/70/17 to see if there is any difference to my issue.

Thanks guys

roamrio

Apr 24, 2023
Any suggestions? Or does anyone have the same setup and not have this floating feeling?

AD33

Oct 5, 2021
Did you ever find a solution for this? I have an 06 sequoia with the same size tires and lift and the steering is a bit squirrelly at highway speeds. I have spacers so the stance is wider too and should be more stable. I am getting ready to do the 1"diff drop hoping that will help since the lift changes the camber a bit which could be causing the sketchy steering problem.