Silverback Sequoia UPDATE PG 2!

Jan 9, 2017
I've been on the forums for a while now and in November i bought a 2004 sequoia. It came with very tasteful mods , Fabtech coilovers, rear lift, borla exhaust, aftermarket headers, AEM intake , JET performance MAF sensor, 20" wheels and micket thompson mud terrain tires, hella 5" round baja lights.

as soon as i got it i got rid of the 20" wheels and went with 17" wheels and nitto terra grapplers 33s, got rid of the hella lights for a light bar in bumper and added 2 led fogs on top of the bumper.

so far its been an amazing suv, on and off road as youll see in the pictures. I gave the sequoia the nickname SILVERBACK because its a beast off road.

the led bar was simple to mount, simply remove the bumper, make L brakcets and mount it

better pic with out the grill

Jim Smola

Staff member
Dec 28, 2016
Inman SC
im trying to find the rubber to put there, any ideas where i can find it?
You could use something as thin as a bicycle tube and cut to fit. I have that at some mounting points and used thicker dense rubber in places I needed leveled out. Bunch of fleamarkets in Fla? Maybe find it at the flea. If not I have some leftover I can send. It's basically a mat I bought at a flea market and cut up.

Jim Smola

Staff member
Dec 28, 2016
Inman SC
You could use something as thin as a bicycle tube and cut to fit. I have that at some mounting points and used thicker dense rubber in places I needed leveled out. Bunch of fleamarkets in Fla? Maybe find it at the flea. If not I have some leftover I can send. It's basically a mat I bought at a flea market and cut up.
Oh also a motorcycle tube. They are thicker than a bicycle tube.

Jan 9, 2017
IMG-20170211-WA0057.jpeg A while back I contacted Black Oak LED, great guy and also a veteran. I'm really big on helping out veteran own business so I bought 2 pod led flood lights. And finally decided to install them this weekend.

Here is the led pod with the black Oak led protective amber cover
IMG-20170211-WA0055.jpeg
IMG_20170212_012543_928.jpg