PROBLEM REMOVING FAN

mhdriver

Sep 13, 2023
I took the four bolts out to try to take the radiator fan out, but the fan won't come off. Three of the four bolts were loose, one was tightened. got them off, but the fan will not come out. I sprayed with this WD 40 and I've tapped it several times, but it's not budging. What should I do to break it loose?IMG-2542.jpg

mhdriver

Sep 13, 2023
Seems as though it's all one solid piece, like they replaced the bracket. I tried driving a wedge at the place where it should have come off. Seems like it's solid with the part the spins with the belt.. Not sure if they replaced the fan clutch bracket and got something like this. The bolts seem to make no difference in how this is held together. I thnk I'm going to have to take the fan bracket out. Goal of this job is to replace the radiator and the water pump.

To my relief, when I took the old radiator hoses off, the transmission fluid looked very good and pink.

mhdriver

Sep 13, 2023
Consulting with a friend, he says to heat it with a torch and see what happens. Maybe it's just been together so long it's heat welded.