New Sequoia owner

Tanker

Jul 30, 2023
Hello,

I recently picked up a 2001 Sequoia from a Copart Auction. I paid $1100 + fees, and towing, all in I'm at $2000. It has 265,000 miles but seems to run and drive ok. So far I've detailed the interior, replaced some seat covers, new carpet kit, removed side steps, and repainted the flares and bumpers in black Raptor coating. Working on a 2.5" Rancho easy strut and OME 3" Rear Springs with Bilstein shocks. I also installed new front upper suspension correcting control arms, all new ball joints, and stabilizer links.. More to come.. IMG_0297.PNG

Reactions: Jaypee

Tanker

Jul 30, 2023
and.. I cut and buffed the paint, blacked out the badges, and installed a new grill. Phew! lots left to go... IMG_0259.JPGIMG_0232.JPGIMG_0234.JPGIMG_0238.JPGIMG_0079.JPGIMG_0082.JPGIMG_0083.JPG

• Wow

GORK

Jul 14, 2020
and.. I cut and buffed the paint, blacked out the badges, and installed a new grill. Phew! lots left to go... View attachment 2605View attachment 2606View attachment 2607View attachment 2608View attachment 2609View attachment 2610View attachment 2611
Your modifications look awesome. I have a 2003 in pretty good condition and always looking to change it up a little bit. Where did you get the grille insert with the Toyota nameplate on it? Also, did you find it difficult to remove and replace the fog lamps because when I look at them, it seems as though they are riveted into the front bumper cover.
Thanks for any insight that you can give me. Much appreciated.
Gork

Tanker

Jul 30, 2023
Your modifications look awesome. I have a 2003 in pretty good condition and always looking to change it up a little bit. Where did you get the grille insert with the Toyota nameplate on it? Also, did you find it difficult to remove and replace the fog lamps because when I look at them, it seems as though they are riveted into the front bumper cover.
Thanks for any insight that you can give me. Much appreciated.
Gork
The fog lamps have a screw and are retained by a plastic clip that is built into the bumper. With the bumper off I pried open the clips and the fog laps came out pretty easily. The front grill was from Goodmatchup, and I added the LED kit from their site. https://goodmatchup.com/products/toyota-sequoia-2001-2002-2003-2004-trd-grille-with-letters

Tanker

Jul 30, 2023
The build is 95% complete! I only have a few more touchup items and it'll be ready for Daily driving. Here is an updated pic with all the parts reinstalled. IMG_0713.JPG

• Love

GORK

Jul 14, 2020
I have to say that your ride looks absolutely outstanding in every way.

It is amazing what a DIYer can accomplish with a vision, passion, ingenuity, sweat equity and of course, some cash.

Job well done and I hope that you enjoy every moment that you spend in your truck.

Please keep all of us up-to-date on any of the mods that you decide to go with although, I think it looks awfully rad just the way it is!

eaglerockdude

Jul 9, 2019
OMG..do they only come in white? I have a 2001 white limited...had 125,000 when i bought it...just put a timing belt about 3 months ago just to be safe...has your back latch gone out yet :>)