New Guy from the Bay Area with lots of work to do!

one9kilo

Jun 20, 2023
Hi Ya'll,

Planning to overhaul an 02 Sequoia Limited.

-Timing Belt
-Water Pump
-Valve Cover Gasket Seal & Plug seals
-Cam Seals

-Brake Fluids
-Tranny Fluids and Filter
-Diff fluids (Front & Rear)
-Transfer Case Fluids
-Power Steering Fluids

-Replacing Steering Rack
-Tire rods
-Lower ball joint
-Upgrading Brake calipers, pads, & rotors
-Brake lines

TBD - upgraded suspension and lift with 33" tires

.... gonna be fun.

wesantinetti

Jun 30, 2023
Hi Ya'll,

Planning to overhaul an 02 Sequoia Limited.

-Timing Belt
-Water Pump
-Valve Cover Gasket Seal & Plug seals
-Cam Seals

-Brake Fluids
-Tranny Fluids and Filter
-Diff fluids (Front & Rear)
-Transfer Case Fluids
-Power Steering Fluids

-Replacing Steering Rack
-Tire rods
-Lower ball joint
-Upgrading Brake calipers, pads, & rotors
-Brake lines

TBD - upgraded suspension and lift with 33" tires

.... gonna be fun.
Just replaced my timing belt and water pump… not the most exhilarating job but it felt good to know it was all set for a bit.

Reactions: one9kilo

one9kilo

Jun 20, 2023
Just replaced my timing belt and water pump… not the most exhilarating job but it felt good to know it was all set for a bit.
How did it take you? Normally maintenance let this doesn't really bother me but there's so much I need to do with limited time.

wesantinetti

Jun 30, 2023
How did it take you? Normally maintenance let this doesn't really bother me but there's so much I need to do with limited time.
It took my uncle and I about 5 hours and it wasn’t too bad. It didn’t require any obscure tools. It’s just a lot of work getting to it. You basically have to dismantle and remove a good amount of front end components (radiator, harmonic balancer, alternator, water pump, belt tensioner, and some other stuff). It wasn’t really a 2 person job but it helped in some situations. I’d assume it’s the same exact job SR5 vs Limited. If you have any other questions shoot them my way and I’ll try to help

one9kilo

Jun 20, 2023
Thanks. Appreciate the info. Did you happen to replace the belt tensioner and serpentine belt while you were already in there? Seems like I might as well. I want this Sequoia to join the million mile club lol.

wesantinetti

Jun 30, 2023
We might have replaced the tensioner but not the serpentine belt. It wouldn’t hurt to replace those, the water pump, and the thermostat while it’s all open and easily accessible. Me too! Mine is at 257k as of today and I would love to take that thing cross country and hit up many national and state parks. Hope your maintenance goes well!