2018 TRD Pro automatic lift/close gate

ElvisinTexas

Jul 29, 2023
Hello

We just purchased a 2018 Sequoia TRD Pro. We previously had an older model platinum that had the button on the the left of the steering wheel that had an auto lift and close for the tailgate. We are wanting to add the auto function ourselves. Has anyone done this before? I could use help.

meder24

Jul 31, 2023
Pittsburgh, PA
Do you have TRD Pro or Sport? I do not think that they made the Pro in 2018. If you do have a Pro, I am pretty sure it comes with the powered liftgate.

As for adding the auto liftgate, there appear to be aftermarket options that you can install. Ensight Automotive Solutions makes one for the Sequoia.

You could also try and locate the necessary OEM parts from a scrap yard and install them yourself. Since there is a dedicated button for the liftgate on the key fob, it might not be plug and play though as the vehicles computers may play a role in powering things. I do not know if this is the case or not but there are discussions about adding OEM parts on other Sequoia related forums.

ElvisinTexas

Jul 29, 2023
Do you have TRD Pro or Sport? I do not think that they made the Pro in 2018. If you do have a Pro, I am pretty sure it comes with the powered liftgate.

As for adding the auto liftgate, there appear to be aftermarket options that you can install. Ensight Automotive Solutions makes one for the Sequoia.

You could also try and locate the necessary OEM parts from a scrap yard and install them yourself. Since there is a dedicated button for the liftgate on the key fob, it might not be plug and play though as the vehicles computers may play a role in powering things. I do not know if this is the case or not but there are discussions about adding OEM parts on other Sequoia related forums.
Hello, yes correction it’s the TRD Sport.