2003 Sequoia Ignition Key Light?

aguison

Jan 29, 2023
Dear 1st Gen Sequoia forum,
Have a quick question for you guys - does anyone know if the ignition key opening on a 2003 Sequoia has a light? I bought my Sequoia used and don't know if there is a light that is supposed to come on the ignition key hole openingso you can find where to insert the key easily. If there is none, is it possible to swap the ignition key cylinder to use a later model's ignition key cylinder ? i.e., I know the 2007 has a light for the ignition key. Thanks!

GORK

Jul 14, 2020
I have an 03 Sequoia and there is a green light that surrounds the ignition key hole.

I haven't paid much attention to it but I believe that it stays on for a short period of time when you first enter the vehicle and then when you insert the key and start the vehicle, it goes off.

I will check it out this evening when it gets dark which, depending upon where you live, may be a little bit later since I live in Florida.

GORK

Jul 14, 2020
I have an 03 Sequoia and there is a green light that surrounds the ignition key hole.

I haven't paid much attention to it but I believe that it stays on for a short period of time when you first enter the vehicle and then when you insert the key and start the vehicle, it goes off.

I will check it out this evening when it gets dark which, depending upon where you live, may be a little bit later since I live in Florida.

aguison

Jan 29, 2023

hi GORK! That will be great! If you can snap a photo too would be awesome. Thanks

GORK

Jul 14, 2020
Good evening,

Sorry for the delay.

So the deal is that when the driver side door is opened, the green halo surrounding the ignition key hole illuminates and remains on until the key is inserted and turned to start the car and at which time the light goes out.

As you requested, I attached a picture.

I hope this helps,
GORK

aguison

Jan 29, 2023
Good evening,

Sorry for the delay.

So the deal is that when the driver side door is opened, the green halo surrounding the ignition key hole illuminates and remains on until the key is inserted and turned to start the car and at which time the light goes out.

As you requested, I attached a picture.

I hope this helps,
GORK
Hi Gork, did you attach a picture? You have a 2003 SR5 or Limited?

GORK

Jul 14, 2020
SR5

I'm sending the picture again.

Please let me know that you received it

aguison

Jan 29, 2023
SR5

I'm sending the picture again.

Please let me know that you received it
I have an SR5 too - perfect. Sorry the picture didn't come through. Are you clicking on the paper clip Attach files button?