headlight replacements?

eaglerockdude

Jul 9, 2019
I was noticing on my 2001...lights not very bright...also pretty yellow(I tried the restore kits..not much success)...can anyone recommend headlight replacements that you can do yourself? I know I could do a general Google search, but you guys are the experts.

SequoiaSurveyor

Oct 2, 2020
Hello eaglerockdude - I had the same thought, so I purchased an aftermarket light assembly and new LED bulbs from Amazon. I do not recall the brand. The assemblies were clear and beautiful and fit perfectly, but were made for LED light bulbs which I also purchased as mentioned. I also purchased LED blinker bulbs. What you need to be aware of is the LED's operate at a different power draw than any incandescent bulb. So what ends up happening is the system thinks something is not working correctly due to the low power draw, and the blinker ends up blinking fast, which is the usual sign of a bulb being out. There are ways to fix it with aftermarket ohm adjusters ( dont know the technical name) that you can splice in-line, but it seems to be a pain so I haven't done it. If I had it to do over, I would still buy new assemblies, but I would by straight replacement and stick with incandescent bulbs. Good luck!

eaglerockdude

Jul 9, 2019
Thanks...yes there are some replacements on amazon with 500 or so good reviews...I will not go the LED route if there are issues...whatever I get has to be better than what i have no..they are so dim >:)

Reactions: SequoiaSurveyor

SequoiaSurveyor

Oct 2, 2020
I'm sure you can find incandescent that will light up the day. You will also be happy with new clear light assemblies, and they will make your ride look sharp.