Winches: what are you running? Plus review Link of Superwinch Tigershark 9500SR

Soy-Quoia

Familiar Member
Jan 8, 2017
Minnesota
I am "running" the Smittybilt X2O Comp 10,000 lbs weight. I looked at the 12,000 lbs winch but decided I did'nt need to go that route. After doing a little more research, I found out the only difference between the two was the gear set. everything else is the same, including the synthetic rope. If I decide down the line I would like a little more torque, I can order up the 12k gear set and install it. I need to get a picture of the winch installed. The Smittybilt name on the crossbar is smack-dab in the middle of the Brute Force Fab bumper cutout. A guy in the body shop that painted my bumper asked if I ordered my bumper specifically with that cutout to see the name on the winch. Here is a stock pic of the 12k winch. Only difference is mine says 10,000 on the left.

Winches_X20-XRC_BeautyShot.jpg

paulstoute

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 28, 2016
Portland, OR
stoutewebsolutions.com
I am "running" the Smittybilt X2O Comp 10,000 lbs weight. I looked at the 12,000 lbs winch but decided I did'nt need to go that route. After doing a little more research, I found out the only difference between the two was the gear set. everything else is the same, including the synthetic rope. If I decide down the line I would like a little more torque, I can order up the 12k gear set and install it. I need to get a picture of the winch installed. The Smittybilt name on the crossbar is smack-dab in the middle of the Brute Force Fab bumper cutout. A guy in the body shop that painted my bumper asked if I ordered my bumper specifically with that cutout to see the name on the winch. Here is a stock pic of the 12k winch. Only difference is mine says 10,000 on the left.

View attachment 227
That's awesome. Can we see a photo of the BFF bumper and cut out?