Unanswered Vibration front passenger side. Already had tires rotated and balanced.

Cowboy

Mar 9, 2019
Vehicle Drivetrain
2wd
Vehicle Year
04 Sr5 2wd. Above 30 mph, feeling a vibration front passenge side along with discernible sound of vibration. It is a fine vibration as in not rough. I had tires rotated and balanced but no change. Any thoughts out there. Wheel hub assembly?

Faultedman85

Mar 20, 2020
Pensacola, FL
My 2004 is doing the exact same thing except on the driver's side. The previous owner had a minor wreck and the front bumper, driver's side fender were replaced and the front driver door fixed. I'm thinking they didn't replace the hub/bearings on the driver's side when repaired. The vibration and slight humming noise is a common indication of the hub/bearings going bad. If you have had your tires recently cared for, I'd have the hub assembly checked. You can jack the tire of suspected issue up and push on the top and bottom of the tire. If there is a good amount of movement/play, then the bearings need to be replaced. Keep us posted on anything you find out if you don't mind.

Faultedman85

Mar 20, 2020
Pensacola, FL
04 Sr5 2wd. Above 30 mph, feeling a vibration front passenge side along with discernible sound of vibration. It is a fine vibration as in not rough. I had tires rotated and balanced but no change. Any thoughts out there. Wheel hub assembly?
I have the same year and model as yours and it's doing the same thing on the driver's side front wheel. The vibration with slight humming/roaring noise is a very common sign the bearings and/or hub is going bad.

Remind01

Oct 25, 2020
Could be your wheel hub assembly jack it up see if there's any play. I had a bad tire once uneven wear cause vibrations in the steering when driving over 55mph but went away at 70mph plus.

Reactions: APart11

SequoiaSurveyor

Oct 2, 2020
This wouldn't be it because you got the balance, but I'll drop it here because it's bit me- Old mud packed on the inside of the wheel after an outing can give a wobble.

Yours sounds spindalish

Good luck

TSawyer605

Oct 31, 2020
If the pitch (sound) of the vibration changes with speed above 30mph, one cause could be either a front or rear wheel bearing going south (I had what I thought was a front wheel bearing going out which turned out to actually be the rear - - the sound/vibration was translating up to the front of the vehicle.)

KHESS7143

Mar 31, 2023
Any luck figuring this out? I have similar sounds