Thank you

TurboMech

Jun 29, 2017
Sequoia-forums,

Just wanted to give a serious thank you and shout out to all of you trying to improve the aftermarket and off road capability of the Sequoia. I will be getting out of the Army in about 5 months (been in 6 years), and am purchasing my in-law's, babied, 2007 Sequoia. I have scoured the internet for build ideas, aftermarket parts, off road parts and always come to the conclusion that the Sequoia just couldn't/shouldn't be on off road vehicle, as everyone says to get a 4Runner or a Land Cruiser.
Well I have been wanting to change that. Firstly Land Cruiser are awesome off road vehicles, however I feel they are terrible daily drivers and get horrid gas mileage; not to mention they are always over priced. Secondly 4Runners are everywhere, I find them too small, and Sequoia's just seem much more unique. Lastly, I'm purchasing a extremely well maintained (read almost OCD maintained by my father in law), with under 100k miles for $1,000.
Yes $1,000. Kind of a thanks for all you did, plus the mother in law wants a new vehicle and they don't need the money lol.

Anyway, I look forward to working with all of you to improve the Sequoia's off road/aftermarket capability. Please let me know what I can do to help improve the site/membership with my small list of expertise: amateur graphic designer, automotive mechanic (not SAE, however I never pay anyone to do my work, plus studied under my father for 15+ years), aviation mechanic (pursuing A&P), pursuing mechanical engineering degree, amateur prepper (more survivalist than prepper, I just like to be ready). I will be locating in the Northern Kentucky area and am ALWAYS here to give a helping hand with maintenance, recovery, etc.

Reactions: magcargo005

Jim Smola

Staff member
Founding Member
Dec 28, 2016
Inman SC
Sequoia-forums,

Just wanted to give a serious thank you and shout out to all of you trying to improve the aftermarket and off road capability of the Sequoia. I will be getting out of the Army in about 5 months (been in 6 years), and am purchasing my in-law's, babied, 2007 Sequoia. I have scoured the internet for build ideas, aftermarket parts, off road parts and always come to the conclusion that the Sequoia just couldn't/shouldn't be on off road vehicle, as everyone says to get a 4Runner or a Land Cruiser.
Well I have been wanting to change that. Firstly Land Cruiser are awesome off road vehicles, however I feel they are terrible daily drivers and get horrid gas mileage; not to mention they are always over priced. Secondly 4Runners are everywhere, I find them too small, and Sequoia's just seem much more unique. Lastly, I'm purchasing a extremely well maintained (read almost OCD maintained by my father in law), with under 100k miles for $1,000.
Yes $1,000. Kind of a thanks for all you did, plus the mother in law wants a new vehicle and they don't need the money lol.

Anyway, I look forward to working with all of you to improve the Sequoia's off road/aftermarket capability. Please let me know what I can do to help improve the site/membership with my small list of expertise: amateur graphic designer, automotive mechanic (not SAE, however I never pay anyone to do my work, plus studied under my father for 15+ years), aviation mechanic (pursuing A&P), pursuing mechanical engineering degree, amateur prepper (more survivalist than prepper, I just like to be ready). I will be locating in the Northern Kentucky area and am ALWAYS here to give a helping hand with maintenance, recovery, etc.

We are absolutely thrilled that you found us and thanks so much for the compliments and your willingness to help. I am personally always trying to bring more and more aftermarket product to the community and I see big things for us in the future. Can't wait to see what you do with that incredible score of a Sequoia you got.

Reactions: TurboMech

magcargo005

Jun 26, 2017
It has been a year ago but I guess there's more improvement than what you've been thanking for.