Unanswered swap steering wheels?

Calvinist4c

Mar 29, 2020
Vehicle Drivetrain
4wd
Vehicle Year
Just sold my T4R and bought a 2013 Sequoia. But I like the steering wheel in the '14 Sequoia. I could I just swap them?
Same connections?

Reactions: slatertots

JEDEYE

Familiar Member
Jun 22, 2020
Kansas City, MO
Did you ever find out? I have a 14 Sequoia Platinum and the simulated wood grain on my steering wheel is all cracked. How difficult is it to change the steering wheel? I would prefer one from the SR5 that is just leather wrapped all the way around. Of course, I would also like to change out the simulated woodgrain shift lever and the panels that house the power window switches. Not a fan of simulated woodgrain in a vehicle. But I am a fan of all the stuff that comes on the Platinum level.

Calvinist4c

Mar 29, 2020
no, answer yet. I just moved so I haven't got back to this project yet. Truthfully it will take me about a year to get back to it. But if you figure it out let me know and I'll return the favor if I get to it first.

JEDEYE

Familiar Member
Jun 22, 2020
Kansas City, MO
Honestly, it's fairly low on my list. I've got so much other stuff to do first. You may get to it before I do.

I've got all the interior bulbs replaced with LEDs, the puddle lights, high beams, low beams, fog lights, front side marker bulbs and front turn signals. Still have to do the rear lights. Would like the aftermarket headlights that look OEM except lots of black instead of so much chrome. Want gloss black wheels. Want black door handles, mirror caps and real license plate frame thing (I forget what they call it) as well as getting my grille painted black and my spoiler replaced. Also need to have the tint redone as there are way too many holes in the existing window tint. Someone put some good stuff on there, but the next owner didn't take care of it at all. Need Flowmaster 50 series muffler and custom exhaust, with any luck I can find a lowering kit to give it a meaner stance. Might replace the rear air shocks with standard ones, maybe from the TRD Sport, and may get the TRD Sport sway bars as well. There's so much more on my list. It's going to cost me a fortune.

Long list of stuff to do. Going to take me a while.

JEDEYE

Familiar Member
Jun 22, 2020
Kansas City, MO
Amazon. Most were pretty easy. The ones over the visor vanities were the most challenging for me. Could not figure out how to get those plastic lenses off without damaging them. No, 6k color. I'll see if I can post links to all of them later today.

Last edited: