Unanswered sunroof 2007 Toyota sequoia

Carlitos001

Sep 22, 2020
Vehicle Drivetrain
2wd
Vehicle Year
Hello, I have 2007 sequoia with sunroof and need to replace the sunroof seal to the roof, any suggestions as it has been discontinued from Toyota?

SequoiaSurveyor

Oct 2, 2020
Hello fellow Sequoia Owner,

Saw the thread and thought Id tell you of the story of when my dad and I were diving down the road, I go to close the sunroof and a bit of rubber trim shows up just hanging. Well my dad ( a Tundra owner) reached up a jerked the weather stripping right out saying, "You don't need this", the animal. Now I have a piece of weather stripping under my seat just waiting for a chance to be put back in place. Honestly I haven't seen any repercussion or leak. Probably not good for it but it will wait for the next shop visit, which might be a while

good luck with your quest, I will be monitoring

2007 4WD

Roger

Reactions: Carlitos001

Rex Radar

Jul 21, 2021
Good Question. Bit of a late answer here...

I would scour NAPA, Amazon, RockAuto, Summit and the like if you need a full replacement.

If no luck here I would find one at a wrecker.

Alternatively you could try mending it with a Black silicone adhesive. The sunroof seal package is critical that it don't leak, but if you have any experience setting up silicon freeform molds it should be fixable. I have done this with door and side window seals with fairly good success, that remained leak and noise free. They were done properly and were only noticeable if pointed out.