Spectra cold air off eBay

Jason Colman

Feb 27, 2017
West Palm Beach, FL
So I picked up this knock off spectra cold air intake and installed it yesterday. So far it sounds great on acceleration and does seem to have added a little kick. For the price of $49 not bad. I might toss a k&n filter on it eventually.
b3fc677795aae9124f07d64bdef3c139.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rene

Jul 8, 2018
You should wrap the pipe with some kind of insulation. I used a thick water line insulation from home depot. Fyi

Sal R.

Very Well-Known Member
Apr 6, 2017
San Diego
Stock intake already draws air outside of the engine bay.

Inlet is just behind the passenger side fender forward of the wheel under the liner.

It's a true cold air intake.

Reactions: Oscar

BillO

Sep 10, 2019
Stock intake already draws air outside of the engine bay.

Inlet is just behind the passenger side fender forward of the wheel under the liner.

It's a true cold air intake.
I find the stock intake suffocating, like my Indian bikes, the first one I went all out on expensive intake, exhaust and tune.. then on my Springfield I just took air cover off and left it off, put KN on with a tune and exhaust. ...
So on my 03 sequoia, I saw thread about home made Intake, basically hold saw the air box and run a tube to front. $40
I just opted for cutting the hole to allow more air in to the box and works just fine for me, throttle is responsive, no sounds like the engine is starving for air.
coming next, Gibson stainless exhaust.