Speaker sizes and Recommendations

Bigfoot

May 19, 2019
Hello all!! I recently bought a 2011 Sequoia SR5 with 63K miles. I am looking forward to upgrade the just the speakers for now. I would like to upgrade to a higher quality once that can be used with an aftermarket headunit( this upgrade will be done later). I like to get as much bass and better audio from the speakers without an external subwoofer.
Any help is greatly appreciated.!!!

PanamaCruiser

Sep 8, 2020
Get Focal componet sets...if you find a 3 speaker set up you should be able to put one on the door, one up on the dash and the tweeter by the mirror...just a guess...I know there is a center chanel speaker also...
To be honest, I'm new to Sequoias just changed my beloved 80 series turbo diesel for a 2008 with a 5.7...So I'm still trying to get used to things here

Reactions: Bigfoot

silverbullet

Jun 8, 2020
This is an older thread, but this info should be helpful. There aren't much information about this, or it's not easy to search online.

You have the NON JBL option, and have an aftermarket head unit, and only want to upgrade the speakers only:
crutchfield.com is a great resource to find the location and sizes of your speakers.

- Corner dash: 2.5 inch midrange speakers
- 6.5 inch speaker for front door, with Scosche SAT69 adapter plate
- 6.5 inch speaker for rear door

If you have GPS, you might have the JBL premium stereo, which is harder to upgrade. I have the Limited with GPS and JBL so there are a lot of speakers, and some are weird sizes and ohms. Go to crutchfield.com and look up your vehicle and it should tell you what your speaker sizes and amp options are.
For me, I would get:
- I'm ignoring the center channel.
- 6.5 inch speakers on the rear doors.
- There are 2.5inch tweeters in the corners of the dash, and rear pillars.
- 1 woofer in the rear corner.
- Amp is under one of the seats.

Last edited:

Bigfoot

May 19, 2019
This is an older thread, but this info should be helpful. There aren't much information about this, or it's not easy to search online.

You have the NON JBL option, and have an aftermarket head unit, and only want to upgrade the speakers only:
crutchfield.com is a great resource to find the location and sizes of your speakers.

- Corner dash: 2.5 inch midrange speakers
- 6.5 inch speaker for rear door

If you have GPS, you might have the JBL premium stereo, which is harder to upgrade. I have the Limited with GPS and JBL so there are a lot of speakers, and some are weird sizes and ohms. Go to crutchfield.com and look up your vehicle and it should tell you what your speaker sizes and amp options are.
For me, I would get:
- I'm ignoring the center channel.
- 6.5 inch speakers on the rear doors.
- There are 2.5inch tweeters in the corners of the dash, and rear pillars.
- 1 woofer in the rear corner.
- Amp is under one of the seats.
Thank you!! Its been a while I have been on the forum