Sound goes away when releasing the brake pedal.

Nisken

Dec 12, 2017
howdy, perhaps someone has has experience this problem. 2005 Sequoia Limited 4x4. When accelerating my drivetrain makes a noise. The sound increases with speed and goes away when you let off the accelerator. I have no play in my rear opinion, u joints, and all of my drivetrain fluids are at the correct level. Transmission shifts fine. No hard or delayed shifting. All gears work fine. 4x4, 4x2, L, and H all work correctly. The sound occurs at all speeds.

Any ideas?

dstgean

Dec 1, 2017
Mine is doing the same thing, and it looks like it could be one of two issues that are driveline related. If it is at slower speeds, it could be the needle bearings in the front diff allowing play and vibration. East coast differentials has made a bronze bearing to replace the sloppy fit of the needle bearings. This is the drivers side, and one usually feels the vibrations in the floor or in the pedals. The faster speed vibration has a service bullitin out there. It has to do with the rear diff or the driveshaft. Just spent an hour or so researching this issue. Check out https://eastcoastgearsupply.com/i-1...shell-bushingeliminates-needle-bearing.htmlto see if this might be your issue.

Dan

Nisken

Dec 12, 2017
Mine starts at any speed and increases with speed. Letting off the pedal and the sound goes away at any speed. I'm pretty sure it's my crush sleeve. I had my driveshaft installed backwards for awhile and after i lifted the rear the driveshaft developed a terrible vibration. correcting the driveshaft direction got rid of the vibration but the damage was done. I'll have to pull the diff and replace the crush sleeve (assuming nothing is damaged) and possible spacers. I'm going to replace the driveshaft joints while i'm at it.

Do you have the TSB number or link to share?