Shopping for 1st gen Sequoia

nscearce

May 11, 2020
I am looking at some 1st gen Sequioas because I just love the way they look. Obviously I am looking at some vehicles with some high mileage and I was wondering if you all had success with your Sequoias well past the 200k mark. It will be my daily driver, but I basically drive just to work and back.

nscearce

May 11, 2020
Sorry if this is in the wrong place. I didn’t know where to post my question. Feel free to move it.

TSawyer605

Oct 31, 2020
Sorry if this is in the wrong place. I didn’t know where to post my question. Feel free to move it.
Nscearce - I bought my first Sequioia (2002 Limited 4WD) brand new and was still going extremely strong at 268K but unfortunately it was totaled when we got rear-ended on the freeway a few years ago. That vehicle did a stellar job protecting my family during the crash however. I loved it so much I went out and found another 2002 Limited 4WD with 150K miles that's now at 215K. Both vehicles had some issues at around the 180K mile mark (emissions control computer on the first one, throttle body assembly on the second one) but otherwise have been stellar for reliability. Just stay on top of the maintenance - - if you do that, not unreasonable to expect to get 400K+ miles. And both mine fill the daily driver role as well as light towing (enclosed trailer or ski boat).

Reactions: Busa2000