Rear shock options

JRenna

Feb 3, 2019
Hello all,

I recently ordered OME 885/862 coils and 90004/60020L shocks for my Sequoia (en route - have not received them). However, the 60020L seem to be back ordered and I am now looking at the 60071L and Dobinson GS59-685. My truck is stock as far as bumpers, etc. I've searched for comparisons on these two shocks for a stock Sequoia and can't find anything positive or negative as far as how stiff they are....just that they fit the length requirements. Does anyone have any information or opinions one one versus the other?

JRenna

Feb 3, 2019
I am afraid the 60071L would make for a harsh ride without additional weight on the truck. I have only found one post embedded deep in a Land Cruiser forum that said the GS59-685 is a bit slower compression and rebound in comparison. I guess I just need to make a decision and hope it works. 1stgenoffroad.com is where I ordered my kit from. Josh is a fantastic fellow to work with by the way. The 60020L has been taken off his website and I couldn't find them anywhere else online. I'm just trying to find the next best option.

Jgrauman

Feb 18, 2019
I had ome Ls on my 80 and hated them, very harsh ride when not loaded down. I heard nothing but good things about dobinsons from the 80 crowd. Have you looked at Boss? I have the 700# front coilovers and cannot tell the difference in factory ride. I still have the rear air springs with a moded bracket to level so have kept the stock shocks for now, but will go with them. I can't post links yet, but it's on toytecs website

JRenna

Feb 3, 2019
The Dobinson GS59-685 just arrived today! I haven't installed then yet as I am still awaiting some parts that got screwed up in shipping. I am excited to see how they ride...they are definitely long.

JRenna

Feb 3, 2019
I will post some pics when all my parts arrive and I get them installed. I've had a rash of bad luck with shipping but should all be resolved by next week. I think there are a couple guys who have posted (maybe on other forums) about using them on Sequoias. I can't recall any pics other than the truck flexing the rear axle. It may have had a spacer in there also. I always try to find guys with first hand experience since my budget doesn't allow for much experimentation.