Power outlets not working

Leon M

May 2, 2018
The cigarette lighter outlet works but none of the other 18 (just kidding but it feels like that many) work. I've checked the fuse and that wasn't the problem but it's suspicious that none of the other outlets work.

Has anyone seen this before or have suggestions for tracing the issue? I have a multimeter but haven't poked around yet.

Reactions: Valley Rat

fowldarr

Apr 26, 2018
Which fuses did you check? I remember reading somewhere that some of the fuses were not intuitively names (cig vs. pwr outlet, and there is one that says gauges that has give some people fits), I would check some more fuses, if you have checked them all , then it is likely a wiring issue. If it is a wiring issue. good luck, I'm not help to you.

Leon M

May 2, 2018
I'll have to go check again since its been a few months since I poked around. I'll definitely check other fuses. It seems like with all the the outlets not working, a fuse would be the most obvious issue. I don't know how the outlets are wired up but for all of them to not work, it seems like if it's a wiring issue, it may be near the fuse box. I don't know where the wires start splitting to go to each outlet.

Not looking forward to tracing down a wiring issue if that's what it is.