PNW!

Chet

Oct 2, 2018
Hi,

Figured I would throw something in here since no one else has.

Cheers to anyone else up here in the PNW!

The Yellow Dart

Jul 23, 2020
HI everyone!

I'm almost new - probably going to be purchasing a 2007 Limited with 99K miles on her. Timing belt and water pump have been replaced. I'm WA near Mill Creek.

Love to hear any advice/suggestions that anyone has. Would also love to hear about any other forums which might be helpful for mods, etc.

Thanks!

Reactions: ECChamberlin

2002SEQUOIA

Apr 2, 2017
Welcome to the forum. You already got the timing belt/water pump out of the way so just look for under carriage rust. You will find these forums helpful too. Toyota nation forum and Tundra solutions forum.

The Yellow Dart

Jul 23, 2020
Thanks for the help!

After I checked it out, there was a significant amount of rust on the undercarriage. Way more than my Tacoma of the same year. I didn't see any growing holes or obviously ruptured welds. There was also some major rust on the seat hinges (weird) which I guess could have been from spilled drinks. But it was on both sides of the middle and 3rd row seats. Could have just been from being a 14 year-old vehicle.

With the amount of rust, and since this truck started its life in Maryland, then moved to Arizona before coming to WA, I decided to pass.

I'll keep my eye out for another Sequoia, though.

Welcome to the forum. You already got the timing belt/water pump out of the way so just look for under carriage rust. You will find these forums helpful too. Toyota nation forum and Tundra solutions forum.