Performance chips

Steve

Dec 28, 2016
So today I installed a Volo Performance V12 chip. I can't afford a Unichip. So after 50 miles I don't see a change in fuel economy but it seems to have a bit more power. Anybody else tried this chip?

Jim Smola

Staff member
Founding Member
Dec 28, 2016
Inman SC
So today I installed a Volo Performance V12 chip. I can't afford a Unichip. So after 50 miles I don't see a change in fuel economy but it seems to have a bit more power. Anybody else tried this chip?
I've never tried that chip but I do have Gibson shorty headers and a Gibson cat back exhaust which got me some gains.

Reactions: 03sequoia

Steve

Dec 28, 2016
I've never tried that chip but I do have Gibson shorty headers and a Gibson cat back exhaust which got me some gains.
Yeah I would love to do that but again it isn't in the budget. So I will have to settle with cutting out the OEM muffler and get a better one to take its place.

Reactions: Jim Smola

Steve

Dec 28, 2016
So since I put on my cold air intake my Sequoia has had a lag taking off with a heavy throttle. Now that I have put in the Volo chip and ran about a hundred miles I have had an improvement on acceleration and power. It doesn't need to shift down on certain hills I go up that it has always done before. Not much in better fuel economy but I do like the performance change.

Reactions: Jim Smola

Steve

Dec 28, 2016
Thanks for the info. It's good to know. Did your mileage dip any after the install?

Well that is hard to determine right now. I live across the river from you in Washougal and the wind has been hell. I also did my lift (added wind resistance) and put on my basket (added wind resistance) so all I have is one good run on I205 that I got 18 mpg and it been average of 16 in the city.