Options for a 2019 Limited

R4808N

Feb 6, 2019
Vehicle Drivetrain
4wd
Vehicle Year
I've driven the 2019 Limited and the handling seems fine. Are the TRD front and rear sway bars of any value? Also what is the opinion of the front skid plate. I'm presently driving a QX56 and am quite familiar with take mine off when I change the oil, but it does seem useful. But perhaps there is a better aftermarket skid plate. (Not a real fan of bull bars and don't plan on installing a winch.)

FWIW, I actually do drive offroad. Just dirt/rock, not sand, but with trails that often have brush. I was thinking the front skid would reduce the debris working its way into the engine area. (I had one SUV catch fire...a long story.)

I'm grumbling a bit about the 20 inch rims. Thus far I only found one 10 ply offroad tire. (Nitto) Probably when my first replacement set is needed, the choice will be better. I'm currently on 18 inch Goodyear Wranglers with Kevlar and 10 ply.

Incidentally many reviews complain about the knobs and lack of touch screen. No No No, knobs are good, touch screen is bad! I can find a knob in the dark once I am used to the layout.

R4808N

Feb 6, 2019
So far so good. I will pass on the sway bars. The handling is fine as is. The nav system pronunciation is er um entertaining to say the least.