Official Show Off Your After Market Front Bumper Thread With Pictures.

Jim Smola

Staff member
Founding Member
Dec 28, 2016
Inman SC
Funny... I was not a fan of the Addicted bumper at all until I saw on your rig. Looks Great!

Thanks
I agree with you. I wanted maximum clearance and I was very happy to be the first to rock this design. The build quality and structure layout is top notch and I think I've really brought it to a style I love.

Sequioa4x4

Jun 9, 2017
That addicted is awesome but would an 07 have a pretty good gap? In the market for one and I'm looking at these and brute force.

Sequoia4WD

Staff member
Dec 29, 2016
Biloxi, MS
View attachment 771 BruteForceFab, painted Rustoleum hammered grey (needs to be re coated).
Currently trying to paint mine with rustoleum satin black but I'm having trouble getting it to harden in the brutal southern coastal humidity. Beginning to think the paint is just soft by nature...

How is yours? I can make a dent in mine with a finger nail...

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

TurboMech

Jun 29, 2017
Currently trying to paint mine with rustoleum satin black but I'm having trouble getting it to harden in the brutal southern coastal humidity. Beginning to think the paint is just soft by nature...

How is yours? I can make a dent in mine with a finger nail...

When painting anything with spray paint and/or paint guns you need to control the temperature and humidity. Also you need to make sure the paint and item to be painted are the same temperature. Say the bumper is stored in the garage and the paint inside then getting the paint to stick properly wouldn't work.

Secondly I would put both items either in a basement or inside a building to control the humidity/heat level. However south is just way to hot to paint something outside. And if doing that I would let both sit for 24 hours so they both properly adjust to the correct temperature.

Thirdly did you primer it?

Sequoia4WD

Staff member
Dec 29, 2016
Biloxi, MS
When painting anything with spray paint and/or paint guns you need to control the temperature and humidity. Also you need to make sure the paint and item to be painted are the same temperature. Say the bumper is stored in the garage and the paint inside then getting the paint to stick properly wouldn't work.

Secondly I would put both items either in a basement or inside a building to control the humidity/heat level. However south is just way to hot to paint something outside. And if doing that I would let both sit for 24 hours so they both properly adjust to the correct temperature.

Thirdly did you primer it?
Yes, self etching primer. All materials are in a shop/covered in shade at the same temp. But not air conditioned.

cddallara

Staff member
Dec 30, 2016
I painted mine when it was way too hot, relatively low humidity though.
I ended up putting several coats on it over several days.
The color is off from my sliders (same paint) but I'm ok with it for now.
I did scuff it up during install, if I get some spare time, maybe I'll touch it up. Not too worried at this point though.
Overall the 'strength' of the paint seems fine.

Reactions: Sequoia4WD