Noobie from Norfolk/Va Beach , VA

Igby77

Sep 10, 2020
Hi all. I normally have always had a 4 runner but I got super lucky and found a 2003 Toyota Sequoia Limited w/250k mileage. The only downside to it is that it is only 2 wheel drive. The massive upside is that I only paid 1k for it. It had plenty of little things wrong with it from a bad window motor to bad O2 sensors but for the most part the truck is solid.
I joined this forum because I am tired of having to hunt for answers to questions that I feel are pretty simple. Currently the problem that is annoying me is that my dimmer knob is no longer working and when I turn on my headlights, the lights for my heater/ac control go out and the lights for my heated seat switches 1 goes out but the other one comes on like it is supposed to. I think this started when I removed my ashtray and cigarette lighter. I removed them because my ashtray light had burned out and I wanted to replace it with a led which I have since done. I figured while I'm here I might as well switch the cigarette lighter light too but I can't for the life of me get that tiny little bulb out. Both of these lights are working and only come on when the headlights are on which, I think, is how they are supposed to work. My cigarette lighter is currently not connected because I broke it during the removal.
Sorry for the this rediculously long post/question, I am just trying to paint a thorough picture and cover all my bases. Any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance for your time and consideration.
P. S. I wish I would have made the switch to the sequoia ages ago. I freaking love this thing and the gas mileage is waaaaaaaay better than any of my old 4runners.