Nomad Sequoia, Round Two.

NomadSequoia

Jan 3, 2017
Some of you may know I was recently involved in a rollover accident in my 2004 Sequoia. While towing a 4x8 cargo trailer on a move to Las Vegas , New Mexico I was hit by a Hyundai Elantra who misjudged a lane change and upon correction hit my trailer in the back left tire causing us to jackknife & roll twice. Thankfully myself, girlfriend and two dogs are okay.

Today actually marks one month since we set out on the road from WA, and we're finally back in a routine of sorts. I was fortunate enough to pickup a new to me 2002 Sequoia Limited and it's finally road ready.

Upon purchase it needed new tires, fluids changed, and in dire need of a tuneup. Thankfully I was able to knock some off the asking price for these things.

Thankfully timing belt was replaced about 45k ago.

I threw on wheels from a 4th gen 4Runner which had used 265/70/17 Dueller H/T's on them.

As of now, the work order is as follows (focusing on doing nearly everything myself once I'm a bit more healed up from this wreck, and acquire some more tools)

- All Fluids
-02 sensors
-Spark plugs
- fender flare replace
- Mirror Fix
-Rear Hatch License Plate Fix
- Storage/Bed Setup
- Purchase Maxsa trax
- Vivair onboard air
-OME shocks & springs
-285/70/17 Treadwright Crawl's or equally priced/ rated AT/RT/MT
- Diff Drop
- Roof Rack/ Cargo Box
- Bumpers
- Winch
- Skid armor

Think that's about it for now! Feel free to follow the trucks IG @ NomadSequoia

NomadSequoia

Jan 3, 2017
Glad you are okay. Sorry to hear about the wreck. But hey, welcome to New Mexico. I'm down in Albuquerque if you need anything. Glad your getting back on your feet and excited to see the rig come together.
Thanks man. I'll be in ABQ a couple times a month so we should definitely try to link up. You know any other sequoia owners in the area? There seem to be a handful around

cddallara

Staff member
Dec 30, 2016
Glad you're ok and back in a tree. Can you salvage anything off your old truck?

Soy-Quoia

Familiar Member
Jan 8, 2017
Minnesota
Welcome back! Glad you guys are on the mend. I'm currently running Treadwright Warden's in a 285/70R17. They are a PITA to balance but other than that are pretty decent. You really can't beat them for the price!

Looking forward to the build!

Reactions: Jim Smola