No power antenna

Michael B

Dec 28, 2016
I installed new aftermarket stereo. The new Harness does not provide power to antenna. Anyone have this problem? Thanks ahead of time.

Jim Smola

Staff member
Founding Member
Dec 28, 2016
Inman SC
I installed new aftermarket stereo. The new Harness does not provide power to antenna. Anyone have this problem? Thanks ahead of time.
Yes my antenna goes up every time I turn the stereo on because I had to hook it to a power wire off the aftermarket head unit b/c the antenna wire from radio would not make it work.

Steve

Dec 28, 2016
If you want it to work just find the wire on the stereo that says amp power or amp switch or something equivalent. It should do the same for you. I believe it is a blue wire. If you have an amp to them connect together.

Jim Smola

Staff member
Founding Member
Dec 28, 2016
Inman SC
My antenna broke recently so all I did was unplug the motor also. thinking about just replacing it with a stubby antenna. why not?

I say go for it. I'm not a fan of the telescoping antenna either as it gets in the way while I'm on tight trails and have to turn my radio off on the trail to make the antenna go down. I like to get my groove on musically on the trail. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Clavinavi

Dec 21, 2019
If you go that route, the wire connection can just be unplugged on the passenger interior under the plastic panel by your feet. It just unplugs and the "power" antenna, becomes an antenna. :)
Can someone take a pic of where to unplug the ant motor ?
Thanks!