New (to me) Sequoia - High Mileage Purchase... Most Important Items to Check? Maintenance?

meowKittieh

Jun 10, 2021
Greetings Sequoia Forum Members!

I'm thinking about entering the Sequoia club. I've been scouring Craigslist for the last month or so and found only one where the seller hasn't completely lost their mind (some people around here want 13k for admittedly good looking but old and high mileage examples of these)... the catch - 250k miles. On the up side, it's had timing and serpentine belt, radiator, brakes, tires, fuel pump, brake booster all recently done (within last year). ATF was done 100k ago (3 years ago for this crazy guy) - unknown on diff, T-case, U-joints, shocks. Appears to have been looked after and garaged its whole life.

I've read various buyers' checklists on these things. My question to you is, was there a particular forum post or checklist that was especially helpful to you when going out and inspecting your would-be rig? I'm planning on doing a deep-dive on maintenance documentation, making sure the back window and latch works as expected, there's not distressing frame rust... most of the other stuff, namely the T-belt, radiator, seems to have been checked off the list... bonus.

I'm looking forward to tinkering on this thing. It'll be nice to be back in a Toyota (miss my '12 FJ cruiser). I just hope I don't lose my shirt on any major maintenance stuff right away.

Thanks!

A1Limited

Nov 10, 2021
kissimmee florida
Greetings Sequoia Forum Members!

I'm thinking about entering the Sequoia club. I've been scouring Craigslist for the last month or so and found only one where the seller hasn't completely lost their mind (some people around here want 13k for admittedly good looking but old and high mileage examples of these)... the catch - 250k miles. On the up side, it's had timing and serpentine belt, radiator, brakes, tires, fuel pump, brake booster all recently done (within last year). ATF was done 100k ago (3 years ago for this crazy guy) - unknown on diff, T-case, U-joints, shocks. Appears to have been looked after and garaged its whole life.

I've read various buyers' checklists on these things. My question to you is, was there a particular forum post or checklist that was especially helpful to you when going out and inspecting your would-be rig? I'm planning on doing a deep-dive on maintenance documentation, making sure the back window and latch works as expected, there's not distressing frame rust... most of the other stuff, namely the T-belt, radiator, seems to have been checked off the list... bonus.

I'm looking forward to tinkering on this thing. It'll be nice to be back in a Toyota (miss my '12 FJ cruiser). I just hope I don't lose my shirt on any major maintenance stuff right away.

Thanks!
2002 Limited... any luck yet?
20220102_140745.jpg