New SoCal owner

SoCalG789

Feb 21, 2019
El Monte CA
Hello all! My name is Mike, I’m from good ol’ El Monte CA in the heart of the SGV in Southern California. I recently purchased my Sequoia late Nov of last year. I specifically chose the Sequoia because
1. Toyota
2. Space
3. Styling
4. 4WD

With that being said, I started looking into what kind of aftermarket support there was for these and was shocked to see that there really wasn’t much. So now I need to do my research to see what fits, what doesn’t, who still makes it, etc.

I would like this to be a modest build, something that can get me, the wifey and my new born out into the wilderness without worrying about major breakdowns, and what not. So maybe a modest 2” lift would be good. After that, I really don’t know. We’ll see where the build, time, and my wallet takes us.

Any and all advice is welcome.

Here is shot of the rig

3f5dd6844a82736f02b93a1677859699.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoCalG789

Feb 21, 2019
El Monte CA
Some things I would like to fix or get more info on are:

Antenna won’t go down

Rear door catch won’t hold doors open

Rear lid window won’t go down

Rear lid molding tore up

How to program a second remote

Driver side plastics falling off

clj103

Feb 28, 2019
Here is how you can program an OEM key fob,

1. Start with key out of ignition, drivers door is open all others closed and drivers door is unlocked.

2. Insert key into the ignition (Do NOT Turn) and Pull key out.
3. Perform these steps within 40 seconds.
A. Using the power lock switch on the drivers door, perform 5 lock/unlock cycles starting with lock. Use an even pace and try to go about one cycle per second. (1 Cycle = 1 lock and 1 unlock).

B. Close then open the drivers door.
4. Perform these steps within 40 seconds.
A. Using the power lock switch on the drivers door, perform 5 lock/unlock cycles starting with lock. Use an even pace and try to go about one cycle per second. (1 Cycle = 1 lock and 1 unlock).
B. Insert the key in the ignition cylinder.
C. Turn the ignition to ON (Do NOT Start) then back to OFF.
D. Remove the key from the ignition.
5. Within 3 seconds the power door locks should cycle automatically indicating successful entry into programming mode. Return to step 1 if the locks do not cycle at this point.
6. Perform these steps within 40 seconds.
A. Press the lock and unlock buttons on the remote simultaneously for 1 second.
B. Immediately after letting go of the lock and unlock buttons, press the lock button by itself and hold for 2 seconds. Within 3 seconds, the door locks should cycle once indicating successful programming. If the door locks do not cycle, or cycle twice. Repeat steps A and B in step 6 as your remote has not been accepted.
C. Repeat steps A and B in step 6 for each new remote.

7. Close drivers door.

Hope this helps :)

Reactions: SoCalG789

SMP

Feb 20, 2019
Daystar and Greco make cheap spacer lifts... 3 inch I believe. That would be your cheapest lift option.

mvtran

Mar 14, 2019
I just put on Bilsteins 5100s, I put the front struts at the 4th perch and it is slightly higher than the rear (really hard to tell) I did measure from the ground to the fender and the rear is slightly higher than the rear. On stock springs and my Sequoia is a 2wd. I have seen a video on youtube and the guy had a 4wd and put the front strut's perch at the 3rd notch seemed to be level with rear arb coil springs, stock front springs.

Jgrauman

Feb 18, 2019
actually has pretty good support just need to look for Tundra of the same year. Front end is the same. Pending on what you want to spend you can go from spacers to coilovers. King, FOX, Toytec, OME all have setups available.

Meoshe

Dec 1, 2018
Did you follow the steps to a T? It took a few tries to get my 06 into program mode.

SoCalG789

Feb 21, 2019
El Monte CA
Absolutely no updates for now... had a baby and am trying to get accustomed to that life.