New 1st Gen owner with few questions.

Mammoth863

May 2, 2019
Winter Haven Florida
So after doing tons of research I found and purchased a 2004 Sequoia with 161k here in Florida and I’m looking for some insight on a few things. First off, oil. What are you guys using and how much? Secondly I noticed on the 1-1/2 hour drive home that the oil pressure gauge works when it wants, it’s got the correct amount of oil in it but the gauge is a little “wonky”. I was thinking it’s most likely the sending unit but i’d figured i’d ask. Lastly the timing belt was changed at 104k and I was curious how often something like that need to be addressed. Thanks in advance!

Jgrauman

Feb 18, 2019
https://sequoia-forums.com/threads/fluid-weight-and-capacity.87/
The oil gauge is notoriously wonky as you stated , up to you if you want to fix it, mine usually starts out at half and drops to a quarter and depending on my speed may go back to half. If you don't know who did the belt, I would change it. If you know a Toyota dealer did it, I believe it's 7 years, 90k miles on the maintenance time. Only reason I say this is the quality of the belt is going to be the issue in how long it lasts. Big deal if they stretch or break. Glad to have you here, most people use the Facebook page linked at the bottom of the home page if you need more info too

Jgrauman

Feb 18, 2019
Never done one myself, only owned mine a few months. From what I hear they are the easiest ones to do, but I'd say it depends on your level of wrenching