NC Triple Threat

DuckFu

Oct 23, 2020
Yet another new Sequoia owner in NC! Bought her back in August - was a single owner with 167k miles at the time. So far I've thrown new AT tires on, added a Skid Row front skid plate, replaced the water pump assembly, and had a complete fluid change. Took her on her first trip out to Colorado in early October. Was a pleasure to drive, and made the ~4k mile trip no problem.

I've had some intermittent issues crop up, but nothing that has caused an actual problem. First was the emergency brake light and VSC Trac lights coming on after taking it off-road for the first time. Brake fluid levels seemed fine. Pulling the battery would get the lights to reset, but it could continue to come back on every ~450 miles. Eventually I pulled the sensor going to the brake fluid reservoir and gave it a little wipe down. The issue hasn't popped back up since.
Most recently, I engaged the 4LO system and it worked fine. Switched back to 4HI shortly after and drove home. Next time I cranked it up, all the 4WD system lights started flashing at me. Pulled the battery again and it reset the lights. Had a shop look at it and they engaged the systems several times, but never saw any issues with it. They mentioned smoothing out a part that was described as a huge ball point pen tip.

Next addition will be bolt-on rock sliders from P&P Engineering. A lift kit and wheels/tires will come at some point. I'm feeling lost in all the options at the moment.

Attachments

• IMG_0268.jpg
    IMG_0268.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0053.jpg
    IMG_0053.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0047.jpg
    IMG_0047.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0022.jpg
    IMG_0022.jpg