My 2002 SR5

patrickgraven

Mar 7, 2017
Hello all,
I just found this site as I had a few questions about my Sequoia. First let me give some history, I have always owned Toyota's as I love their reliability. My most recent fully modified vehicle was a 1999 4Runner that I had installed icon's, total chaos arms, and my method wheels. I had it all built and working well when word came that I would be needing a third row for a new little boy. So I began looking for a replacement that I could transfer most of my parts to. I found a 2004 limited Sequoia and made the purchase. I was able to reuse my Icons (after having them re valved) and my wheels and tires. I stopped at that point and began stock piling parts to upgrade it as well. Then last June while my wife and I were returning home from church a little girl ran a red light and hit our Sequoia. Unfortunately insurance totaled it because the forward part of the frame. After seeing how well it survived and protected us I had to get a new one. After searching I was able to locate a 2002 SR5 that was in pretty good shape. I was able to take my shocks and wheels and transfer those to the new one. So now i'm discovering that there are a few differences between the 02 and 04. I plan on adding Total chaos arms and some sort of rear lift to level it out. I am running 16x8 method standards and 285/75/16 Duratracs.

Attachments

• IMG_1351.JPG
    IMG_1351.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 66
  • image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 60
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 59
  • image3.JPG
    image3.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 59
  • image4.JPG
    image4.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 59
  • image5.JPG
    image5.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 61
Reactions: Jim Smola

Jim Smola

Staff member
Founding Member
Dec 28, 2016
Inman SC
Hello all,
I just found this site as I had a few questions about my Sequoia. First let me give some history, I have always owned Toyota's as I love their reliability. My most recent fully modified vehicle was a 1999 4Runner that I had installed icon's, total chaos arms, and my method wheels. I had it all built and working well when word came that I would be needing a third row for a new little boy. So I began looking for a replacement that I could transfer most of my parts to. I found a 2004 limited Sequoia and made the purchase. I was able to reuse my Icons (after having them re valved) and my wheels and tires. I stopped at that point and began stock piling parts to upgrade it as well. Then last June while my wife and I were returning home from church a little girl ran a red light and hit our Sequoia. Unfortunately insurance totaled it because the forward part of the frame. After seeing how well it survived and protected us I had to get a new one. After searching I was able to locate a 2002 SR5 that was in pretty good shape. I was able to take my shocks and wheels and transfer those to the new one. So now i'm discovering that there are a few differences between the 02 and 04. I plan on adding Total chaos arms and some sort of rear lift to level it out. I am running 16x8 method standards and 285/75/16 Duratracs.

Awesome!!
OME springs for the rear will work out for you well. How many inches are you planning to lift in the rear?

Welcome and I'm happy you found us.

patrickgraven

Mar 7, 2017
Im not sure how much I want to lift it. I would like it to sit more level or even slight nose high. I saw something about OME 2862 for the rear but then I saw on a few builds here the 2865 springs. I know on my 4runner I was able to use the front springs off a 80 series, and I have read something about I could use 100 series springs I just don't know what side to get or how much it will lift it.

cddallara

Staff member
Dec 30, 2016
image.jpg Uzj100 springs will lift the rear 2". I have them on the back with fjcruiser 5100s. In the front are 5100s on the second notch for 1 1/2". Shown with 285/75/16 on 16x8 wheels.