Montana 2002 Limited

StoneFly

May 15, 2017
Montana
www.thestonefly.com
First of all, it's great to find a place with so many other Sequoia nuts. I'll just say hello and get back to learning from so many of you guys.

This 2002 Limited replaced a 2002 SR5 that was totaled by a shuttle driver in 2012. I bought the Limited with 90k miles, and it's at 135k today. It's been the best vehicle I have ever owned. It is the family adventure machine and my office and boat hauler for much of the year. For work, I need to be able to cruise the highways, fly on gravel for miles on end, trek down mountain logging roads, and everything in between. All to find fish.

Here is kind of where I started. Wheels were replaced with FJ wheels after I bought it. Tire shop didn't tighten lug nuts. That's a whole different story.
IMG_0937.JPG

Anyhow, over the years I have done:
-Bilstein 5100 up front
-Bilstein 4600 in the rear
-Air Lift in the rear
-Pioneer Double-DIN DVD Receiver
-Backup camera
-Volant CAI
-JBA Headers
-Flowmaster cat back exhaust
-FJ Trail Team TRD wheels
-Full instrument and interior LED swap
-Power Stop Extreme Truck and Tow Brake
-Front window tint
-Power antenna delete to black stationary mast (so tired of fixing that power one!)
-plenty of the usual latch and cable repairs
Here's a few of where she sits today.
IMG_3383.JPG
IMG_3423.JPG
IMG_3424.JPG
IMG_3425.JPG
IMG_3396.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim Smola

cddallara

Staff member
Dec 30, 2016
For some reason the pics aren't coming up on my phone, but it sounds like a great truck.

Soy-Quoia

Familiar Member
Jan 8, 2017
Minnesota
Great looking truck! Where in Montana are you located? We lived in Bozeman for a short time before having to relocate back to Minnesota. We will be back...

m4ttj00

Sep 26, 2017
Seattle, WA
Could you elaborate on your rear lift setup? I'm researching lifts compatible with the factory leveling air bags on my 2004 limited.