1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magic_bob's 2001 Sequoia Build

Discussion in '1Gen Sequoia Build Threads' started by magic_bob, May 12, 2018.

1. magic_bob

magic_bob New Member

Hello everyone

My name is Bobby and I just picked up my 1st gen a couple weekends ago. I was really on a search for a 03-05 4runner 4wd but ended up finding this on Offerup for a price I couldn't pass up. It wasn't a color I was looking for but nonetheless, it was 4wd and cost $2800.

I've been a car guy all of my life and have put together many fun cars. From Subarus to M3's. Ever since I picked up my aunt's Xterra last year. I gave the vehicle my own touches but I forced myself to get rid of it because it wasn't a 4x4. I kept getting myself stuck in places I shouldn't have been taking it lol

Anyways, here's to a new build of mine.

Mods so far
    -Leveling kit
    -Toyo Tires Open Country A/T 285/70/17
    -Method Race Wheels NV 17x8.5

The Sequoia is actually at my friend's bodyshop right now prepping for paint. I will update the thread once I get it back next week. Try to guess the color!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 12, 2018
  2. magic_bob

magic_bob New Member

Did some bargaining and made it happen for $2800
    [​IMG]

HOME!
    [​IMG]

Few days later
    [​IMG]

Below are a few old builds and some current ones

Old Xterra
    [​IMG]

Track days will always be in my blood. Cant wait to use the Sequoia to pull the trailer queens!
    [​IMG]

GTR
    [​IMG]

Old M3
    [​IMG]

Latest M3. Huge E46 fan!
    [​IMG]

Had my fair share in the stance/vip build
    [​IMG]

The daily
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 12, 2018
  3. tekem

tekem New Member

Being in Cali, it probably doesn't have any chassis rust. Just ensure to get all the Toyota recalls work done, including lower control arm ball joints, and air bags.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

4. magic_bob

magic_bob New Member

According to Carfax, the air bags recall has been done along with the timing belt by Toyota at 190k. It's got 238K on her right now and yes, no rust! She's been a San Diego truck all of it's life and one owner.

5. magic_bob

magic_bob New Member

A little update.
    After I get it back in my hands this week, I'll be blacking out the window trims since it's pealed in the past. Also dropping it off to get the rock sliders welded on along with the rear ladder.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. magic_bob

magic_bob New Member

Installed my eBay rain visors
    [​IMG]

Drove it up to Temecula to get my front windows and windshield tinted by a friend of mine. Also got there cargo carrier for free since he wasn't using it anymore. Im thinking about getting it color matched to the suv.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's a better shot of the sequoia in the sun. It's really showing it's color in this picture.
    [​IMG]

Finally had a chance to plastidip the emblems all around
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Laced it up with the TRD Rock Warrior decals. I wanted to make it a little different from the TRD Off Road decals I've seen on our suv.
    [​IMG]

7. mulze42

mulze42 Member

Looking good! Those TRD decals are a nice touch.

8. silverback04

silverback04 Member

that color looks tits!

9. magic_bob

magic_bob New Member

Thanks! I'll update the thread again this weekend when I take some pics of the steps/sliders welded on

10. magic_bob

magic_bob New Member

June update:
    A little more updates

I wanted some new tires so I picked up a set of the Wild Peaks AT3's. Bang for the bucks in my opinion.

Also ditched those nasty center caps from Method and replaced them with real hub centric rings.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had purchased a pair of new headlamps and wanted to do the projector retrofit on them but I came across these "h4 mini projectors"
    Not too sure how I feel about them yet but so far they are okay.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Since the signals were out, I decided to use the smoked film I had at home and covered up the ambers

[​IMG]

I need to dial in the light beam tonight

[​IMG]

A friend of mine made these steps for me at his shop. He doesnt specialize in off road vehicles or anything so he's never made such thing.

They came out looking alright.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Picked up some bed liner from Autozone and covered up the steps with it

[​IMG]

You can call this a budget build. I have no desire to put any serious money into it. Everything was chosen with cheap cost in mind and hope they dont fail on me lol

11. magic_bob

magic_bob New Member

I decided to switch up to a new wheel setup. I originally had ordered Volk Racing TE37's in 18's but went against it due to the wait and felt that it wasn't necessary to beat up expensive rims on trails.

I picked up a set of Toyo M/T's along with Level 8 MK6 in 17's.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I applied some acetone and wiped off the "8" logo off the center caps and made my own "super lap" style decals.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

tekem likes this.
  12. Whocares

Whocares New Member

Looking good

13. JBquoia

JBquoia New Member

Nice job Man!!
    really like those wheels, what lift you have?

14. Trent Jones

Trent Jones New Member

I posted in my thread about the same peeling issue on the window trim. I planned on plastidipping it. How did you do yours?

15. magic_bob

magic_bob New Member

Thanks!

Thanks! Im running Bilstein 5100's all around with the OME 2885 front coils and a 2 inch rear spacer. I'll pobably end up getting the 2862 for the rears soon.

I just used matte black vinyl and laid it on top of the trims. I peeled off whatever I could from the oem stuff first.

16. Hugo2go

Hugo2go New Member

Beautiful build. And that color you chose is gorgeous.

17. Hirsch328

Hirsch328 New Member

What width and offset level 8’s are you running? I’m wanting to get the bronze version but I’m stuck on if I should go 17x8 with a -10 offset or a 17x9 with a -12 offset