Living in my Sequoia- Build

nathanielwise

Apr 7, 2021
Hey all- here are some photos of my cabin-on-wheels 1st gen. I don't have any exterior mods, just took off the running boards and threw on some KO2s. I've been traveling full-time (I'm a photographer) for almost three years, first in a 4Runner, and now in a Sequoia (bought this one in July 2020).

I'm by no means a carpenter, but this setup works great for me. Thinking of completely redoing the interior build- will update here if I do.

View attachment Insider-Nathanielwise19.jpgView attachment Insider-NathanielWise17.jpgView attachment Insider-NathanielWise18.jpgView attachment Insider-NathanielWise22.jpgInsider-NathanielWise16.jpgInsider-NathanielWise15.jpg

nathanielwise

Apr 7, 2021
Tried to post all of the images on the first post but they aren't showing up... still clickable. Anyways... I have no idea how to use this site, as you can tell. Ha

j.hollis

Apr 11, 2020
Man this is awesome!! I have had a couple of camp/hunt out of the rig trips in mine and loved it!! Are you able to close up the back hatch? It looks alittle close....
Also, what's your opinion of the dometic cooler/frig? Also here is a couple pics from my set up...

Attachments

• AZ breakfast.jpg
    AZ breakfast.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 44
  • Sleep Set up.jpg
    Sleep Set up.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Reactions: RemoteBound

BillO

Sep 10, 2019
Man this is awesome!! I have had a couple of camp/hunt out of the rig trips in mine and loved it!! Are you able to close up the back hatch? It looks alittle close....
Also, what's your opinion of the dometic cooler/frig? Also here is a couple pics from my set up...
I build a 4x4 box so i could slide containers in it to hold fishing gear etc.. then still have space on top for groceries, etc and sleeping on? might give you a bit more room to put things under your bed. Then buy cheap screen, attach magnets.. we used this to sleep near beaches, put window down bit , screen over it and magnets hold it to door allowing air but keeping bugs out20160917_133337 - Copy.jpg20160917_122212 - Copy.jpg

j.hollis

Apr 11, 2020
I have thought about a platform, my only hang up is that it would definitely have to be easily removable. I have three kids and always seems like a couple more with friends, so that third row gets alot of use. I really only take the third row out for hunting trips. I also have seen these screens on a couple different Youtube channels paired with a good fan, should get you through a warm summer night.
Amazon.com: Car Window Shade, (2 Pack) -21"x14" Car Seat Sun Shade Cover, Car Window Screens Covers and Blocks Out Heat & Sun for Baby or Child, Car Side Window Shade: Automotive

j.hollis

Apr 11, 2020
Hey all- here are some photos of my cabin-on-wheels 1st gen. I don't have any exterior mods, just took off the running boards and threw on some KO2s. I've been traveling full-time (I'm a photographer) for almost three years, first in a 4Runner, and now in a Sequoia (bought this one in July 2020).

I'm by no means a carpenter, but this setup works great for me. Thinking of completely redoing the interior build- will update here if I do.

View attachment 2177View attachment 2178View attachment 2179View attachment 2180View attachment 2181View attachment 2182
I too have watched your YouTube videos and they are incredible. I really enjoyed the rebuild. Everything has a purpose. Keep us update on the journey and build process.