Limited Slip Differential.

Jim Smola

Staff member
Founding Member
Dec 28, 2016
Inman SC
Is anyone running one?
If you don't plan on doing a locker then what about an LSD. So my daily driver is a 2001 Tundra with the factory limited slip and I absolutely love it. It's absolutely fabulous and reall puts the power to the ground compared to the Sequoia rearnopen diff.
So if you want some added performance out of your rear diff and don't want to shell out for a locker setup, then I would try and find a donor third member from a TRD Tundra.

Scott Jackson

Recognized Member
Jan 10, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
My Brother has an 04 with that same LSD, and he loves it as well. I have thought about finding one for the sequoia, but think I will just hold off for actual locker. I wonder how it would behave with the AWD system. I think that's why they have them in the tundra, and not the Sequoia, which has AWD - which would be ultimately better than LSD for general traction.

Npetric

Apr 3, 2017
Got one on the way for my sequoia! Maybe I'll have to actually start a build thread one of these days

Anthony81

Dec 12, 2022
I drove 430 miles on the interstate with mine in 4 high on accident.. The 4x4 lights don't work on the dash. FYI, if your unsure your in 4 high, try the cruise control. It won't work in 4 high. That being said.. I have 263k miles on my 06 Limited. Now my rear diff is whirring. I dont think it was from the 4 high road trip, but i have been wrong before. I changed all my diff fluids after my little AWD interstate run, and now I'm starting to have issues. I need to find the forum on how to replace the carrier bearings.