Knocking noise when stopping

Ethan

Jan 13, 2017
North Carolina
For the last few weeks my 2002 Sequoia SR5 2wd (228,000 miles) has been making a knocking noise that seems to come from the front passenger side. From looking online I thought it could be the strut, brakes, or other suspension components. I figured this was it until one day after stopping and it making the noise then stopping the noise, I began to roll up my windows. This caused the noise to happen again while still completely stopped. One more thing to throw at you it only does it the first couple times completely stopping then never again while driving or stopping. I’ve also “tested” the ball joints by jacking up the front and and pushing/pulling the wheel. It had no play in it. The window event could be a fluke but I have tested it several times and it seems to happen each time. I went to the Toyota dealership we bought the vehicle from and explained what was happening, he had no idea what it could be. I won’t be able to get it in to be looked at for a week or two due to a family trip (Sequoia won’t be going :( ) but wanted to see what you guys had to say. Hopefully, I’ve explained it well enough. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ethan

Jan 13, 2017
North Carolina
Can you post a vid? The window thing kind of throws a wrench into the issue.

Looks like I can only post pictures here but I uploaded it to YouTube link:
once the window is up you hear the knock. What happens and happened here was I come to a stop and it knocks for 1-3 seconds. Then if I pull the window switch it causes it again.

jumelton

Nov 30, 2017
Topsail Beach, NC
It sounds like the motor keeps kicking on. I'd stick my ear close to the panel to listen. Does it do it with the drivers master switch and the passenger side window switch?

Ethan

Jan 13, 2017
North Carolina
It sounds like the motor keeps kicking on. I'd stick my ear close to the panel to listen. Does it do it with the drivers master switch and the passenger side window switch?

I’ve only tried with the master switch not the passenger side switch. I’ll listen and test the passenger switch.