Joe's 03 Sequoia

Joe

Jan 26, 2017
Napa CA
thanks i broke the ring gear today going through a crick crosing time for gears and a locker

Soy-Quoia

Familiar Member
Jan 8, 2017
Minnesota
Welcome! It's never fun to wreck the rig but it's always fun to improve on it! Keep us up to date on the build progress.

Reactions: Joe

Joe

Jan 26, 2017
Napa CA
Just whanted to say hi.My baby is a 2003 not to much done to her View attachment 221 View attachment 222
k&n air filter stock box ,2 1\2 spacer lift for now,true dual flows joe built ,hid head lights and fog ,put all my interior lights to led ,power stop cros drilled roters front and rear ,stop tech ssbrake line kit and soon to be comming my new therd member with nitro 4.10 gears and a TJM air locker and compresor.

Reactions: Jim Smola

Jim Smola

Staff member
Founding Member
Dec 28, 2016
Inman SC
k&n air filter stock box ,2 1\2 spacer lift for now,true dual flows joe built ,hid head lights and fog ,put all my interior lights to led ,power stop cros drilled roters front and rear ,stop tech ssbrake line kit and soon to be comming my new therd member with nitro 4.10 gears and a TJM air locker and compresor.

Rear locker!!!!! Yes!!!!

Joe

Jan 26, 2017
Napa CA
VIAIR® Heavy Duty OBA System or this one
VIAIR® Constant Duty OBA System
what dou think?

Jim Smola

Staff member
Founding Member
Dec 28, 2016
Inman SC
VIAIR® Heavy Duty OBA System or this one
VIAIR® Constant Duty OBA System
what dou think?
Go with the constant duty. The pump will run a bunch when you are filling up tires. I mounted my pump on the frame rail just below the factory battery. It comes with an air intake/filter that you can locate to the Hieght of the top of the battery.

Reactions: Joe

Scott Jackson

Recognized Member
Jan 10, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
thanks i broke the ring gear today going through a crick crosing time for gears and a locker

I have done this as well.. Not fun! Took out the Front diff and the T-Case in one pop. I was In moab on basic overlook trail (dirt road with a few wash crossings) so, I had to get pulled out by a Jeep. This is when I found out that the 01-02 ONLY lock the center diff in L1, I am certain that's what caused the Break, (the viscous couple slipped, then engaged with Max torque while front was planted on Sandstone). Piece of advice: DO NOT GO WHEELING IN AWD! ( Now that I wired in my own Center Diff switch I have No problems, it now wheel's like a REAL Toyota.)

The 7.5 Front end is just not strong enough for these heavy rigs in my opinion.

Reactions: Jim Smola and Joe

Jim Smola

Staff member
Founding Member
Dec 28, 2016
Inman SC
I have done this as well.. Not fun! Took out the Front diff and the T-Case in one pop. I was In moab on basic overlook trail (dirt road with a few wash crossings) so, I had to get pulled out by a Jeep. This is when I found out that the 01-02 ONLY lock the center diff in L1, I am certain that's what caused the Break, (the viscous couple slipped, then engaged with Max torque while front was planted on Sandstone). Piece of advice: DO NOT GO WHEELING IN AWD! ( Now that I wired in my own Center Diff switch I have No problems, it now wheel's like a REAL Toyota.)

The 7.5 Front end is just not strong enough for these heavy rigs in my opinion.

Awesome info. Any chance of doing a write up for the 01-02 owners on the switch?

I have an 01 Tundra so this may help me as well.

Reactions: NomadSequoia