Unanswered Install backup camera on 2006 Sequoia Limited.

Vehicle Drivetrain
4wd
Vehicle Year
Hello, I'm just getting started with my (new to me) 2006 Sequoia (205,000 miles). One of the first things on my list is to get some sort of a back up camera installed. I figure at the same time I'll replace the factory stereo unit and install an aftermarket Android head unit. Does have any stories/suggestions on performing these two tasks? Thanks for any input.

Reactions: Busa2000

Golfmike304

Mar 14, 2018
Hello, I'm just getting started with my (new to me) 2006 Sequoia (205,000 miles). One of the first things on my list is to get some sort of a back up camera installed. I figure at the same time I'll replace the factory stereo unit and install an aftermarket Android head unit. Does have any stories/suggestions on performing these two tasks? Thanks for any input.

I went with the toguard backup camera system. Works great.
da9d0d3d64035ebada0ae0f51b0bfb55.jpg

And installed the rear camera on the rear wing/spoiler. Just under the third break light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Busa2000

Ghost

May 16, 2019
Hey Richard-D, funny I am on this too, found a good installer video (3 part) on youtube for a sequoia and speakers,

(part 1),

these guys are very good, I think he just won an award for installer of the year. Believe me I am handy and do most of my work on my 2002 1st gen but I am thinking about paying someone to do this for sure LOL. He uses an alpine unit but I purchased the Pioneer DMH-1500NEX from another video I found. I believe both are apple play compatible but realize that this is a plug in feature not wireless apple play, although everything else will stream. I did get the Kenwood speakers he mentions in the videos. I am still looking for a backup camera to integrate with the head unit, plus a USB charger/mount station for the center console before I seek out an installer. I would truly do this myself but I am sure it wont be at the level of a professional. Watch the videos and you will see that the wiring they create to adapt the new unit looks a little beyond my patients at my age LOL. Good luck. Let me know if I helped.

Ghost

2002 Sequoia Limited / 235,800 miles (1 owner baby !) Me

Reactions: Can2jan

ECChamberlin

Jan 15, 2021
I swapped in a Pioneer AVH2400-NEX head unit and added a license plate bracket backup camera. Works great.
head unit is Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capable. Really updates an older rig to currently car standards.

Reactions: Ghost