humming noise at 70MPH

Feb 12, 2022
In my 04 I notice a humming noise and slight vibration in the gas pedal (and floor for that matter), when I approach and exceed 70mph. Just had timing belt and water pump done. I don't want to do trial and error fixes if I can avoid it. Is that the 4th gear just working hard? The 04s just had 4 gears.

Is this a tire noise, or something else? It doesn't sound like tires, more up towards the front of the hood.

Any ideas?

Enormis

Jun 9, 2024
In my 04 I notice a humming noise and slight vibration in the gas pedal (and floor for that matter), when I approach and exceed 70mph. Just had timing belt and water pump done. I don't want to do trial and error fixes if I can avoid it. Is that the 4th gear just working hard? The 04s just had 4 gears.

Is this a tire noise, or something else? It doesn't sound like tires, more up towards the front of the hood.

Any ideas?
Right rear wheel bearing is a usual culprit! They throw sound everywhere. But also the u-joints can do noise and vibes. Especially under load. Like under throttle it will do it and maybe stop when you let off. That usually u-joints.
Bearings them to be constant. But mileage wise those usually go and some point. But OEM joints and rear bearings! Also! If you are over 200k and have replaced the front lower ball joints. Do it yesterday! It can cause a serious accident! You MUST YOU TOYOTA BALL JOINTS TOO! they last to 200k no problem. They aren’t that expensive either! Good luck bro