How much can I expect front end to settle

alleycat

Nov 14, 2018
I installed the following on my 2005 with my goal to simply level the truck.

Front - Bilstein 5100 adjustable (on lowest setting)
Front - OME 885 Coil
Rear - Bilstein 5100
Rear - Stock Coils
Wheels - 2018 4 Runner 17" wheels
Tires - BFG 275/70/17

As it sits, the front is just under an inch higher than the rear. Although it may not appear so in the pic, the stance looks awkward. How much can I expect the front to settle over time? I realize I could lift the rear some but I really don't want additional height. I was surprised that the Bilsteins on the lowest setting elevated the front so much. ThanksIMG_0153.jpgIMG_0153.jpg

Reactions: MajorMalphunction

GTV

Dec 5, 2018
Sorry I don't have an answer for you but I doubt they will settle an inch. I'm curious as to why you didn't just use 5100's with the stock springs? Third notch brings it up to level. Simple.

alleycat

Nov 14, 2018
Good question. I don't recall what I read that caused me to go with the OME's but I believe I'm going to put stock back on. The 885's ride as hard as a rock as well. I appreciate the reply.

GTV

Dec 5, 2018
I really like the look of a simple leveled Sequoia on 32's. I'm going a similar route. Your truck is looking good, even if it is a little nose high.

alleycat

Nov 14, 2018
Thanks. Those 4 Runner wheels worked out great. I'm after hooking my boat up to this rig and seeing the amount of squat, I'm thinking now that I need stiffer springs in back. Trying to figure out what if any spring would give me stiffness and only 1" of additional height. I'm not opposed to a 1" coil spacer but I'm having a tough time locating a 1" size for rear.

GTV

Dec 5, 2018
I haven't looked a lot for rear springs but I think the minimum is about 2", you can use factory 100 springs or the OME 2862's. I also haven't been able to locate a 1" rear spring spacer. The rear 5100's they market for these trucks are actually too short, the 4600's are about 3" longer fully extended and work a lot better. The rear 5100's won't be happy at all if you lift it.
Did you swap the factory front springs back in yet?