Higher mileage maintenance

Damon

Jul 8, 2018
Hi,
The wife really wants a Sequoia. There are some used ones around and we've seen some 2011s for between $23-25k (Canadian) but these tend to have higher mileage (200k+ kms). Granted there are maintenance costs with any vehicle but what specifically might one expect in a Sequioa moving forward with that mileage?
Thanks!

MonsterSequoia

Jun 10, 2018
Water pump & Timing belt every 90k (miles), I would flush all fluids, change filters, spark plugs. Depending how the truck was used, check bushings. General tune up maintenance basically.

Leo

Aug 25, 2018
I'm also looking to buy a high mileage 2008 Sequioa Platinum with 212k on it. should I look at it or is high mileage on a Toyota something that should scare me away?

Johnsonman

Nov 25, 2019
The 5.7 is tough, long-lasting yet has an achilles, cam tower oil leaks - not earth shattering but can smell, drips onto exhaust shields and if you want to have it professionally repaired can be expensive (14-16 hrs of labor). I love my '15, gets 16.1 around town and not sure on extended highway, yet. Luck and enjoy your Sequoia.

Bart4x4

Jan 3, 2021
I own a 2004 with just over 200,000 miles. I had to replace 2 catalytic converters which was expensive. Other than that, it runs great and has been very reliable. I had a local mechanic install 1 converter for about $800.

Allsysgo

Feb 4, 2022
Water pump & Timing belt every 90k (miles), I would flush all fluids, change filters, spark plugs. Depending how the truck was used, check bushings. General tune up maintenance basically.
The 5.7L has a timing chain that should last the life on the engine.

J.D.

Feb 5, 2022
I just got a high mileage 2010 unit and it runs great. Had my mechanic check it out first of course, and he was impressed how well it’s held up. Engine and tranny solid and maintained well. I’ve changed tranny fluid, per his recommendation, since I didn’t know full history and it looked ok. Interior looks new…red rock, and just got Husky front and second row premium mats. FYI, the Husky site states that 2nd row needs to be cut to fit but all that’s needed is pulling console cup holder out to access the two 10mm screws to loosen and wedge mat underneath. Going on a ski trip next month and will be driving it. Going to look at plugs tomorrow and may change them and pcv valve before trip. If well maintained the 5.7L will last 5-600k. Don’t get the smaller V8, timing belt hassles.
A Toyota or possibly Honda are the only vehicles I’d consider buying with high mileage.

GreenBeast

Oct 12, 2021
are there any hi performance water pumps out there? I'm replacing my radiator with a Mishimoto since my radiator has separated after 272k hard miles and neglect and will do the water pump at the same time but always like to upgrade if there is a recommendation?