here for product design research; what are the typical lift heights for the first gen Sequoias?

eimkeith

Sep 7, 2020
hello there everyone, I'm looking at expanding my PCK (panhard correction kit) offerings to include the first generation Sequoia (I've had a lot of requests for it over the last 2 years, so my apologies that I haven't been able to focus on it until now) and I'm trying to get a sense of the usual range of lift heights and whether of not stock bump stops are retained with these lifts?

Ideally, we'd want to raise the axle-side of the panhard to raise the roll center, however, the first gen Sequoia only seems to have 19mm or so of overhead clearance at full bump, and the front (closest to axle center) side of the factory mount is super-tall, necessitating a minimum of 2-2.5+ correction for a simple-to-install bracket, so it's a conundrum at the moment...

Any data I could get on typical lift heights would be beneficial. :)

desertrunner04

Dec 3, 2017
Hi, 2-3 inches is the typical lift range. 3-4 years ago people pieced together components to create the lifts. Josh at 1stgenoffroad.com has put together a great business serving the Toyota crowd. If you check out his website you’ll see the packages he offers. On my 2004 Sequoia I have OME 2885 on Bilstein 5100s in front and OME 2862 with Bilstein 5100s in back. TSOR on Facebook is a little more active than sequoia-forums. I’d be happy to help with specific measurements and would like to see a pan hard correction kit.

Reactions: eimkeith

eimkeith

Sep 7, 2020
Hi, 2-3 inches is the typical lift range. 3-4 years ago people pieced together components to create the lifts. Josh at 1stgenoffroad.com has put together a great business serving the Toyota crowd. If you check out his website you’ll see the packages he offers. On my 2004 Sequoia I have OME 2885 on Bilstein 5100s in front and OME 2862 with Bilstein 5100s in back. TSOR on Facebook is a little more active than sequoia-forums. I’d be happy to help with specific measurements and would like to see a pan hard correction kit.

thanks! I'll check out those resources as well. I hate to have to extend the factory bumpstop, but the only alternative I'm seeing is notching the crossmember above - which I consider not DIY-friendly..

Last edited:

SequoiaSurveyor

Oct 2, 2020
I've been checking out some of the lifts on the forum, very nice!

I've got a stock 2007 Limited that I just want to level the front, and it looks like the second notch on the Bilstein 5100 would be just about perfect after watching Josh put his on the 3rd notch. I've seen a video where a guy changed the shock on a Tundra without spring compressors by dropping the lower control arm and the shock was was removed directly from the truck. Have any of you tried that while installing 5100's on a first gen Sequoia?

eimkeith

Sep 7, 2020
oops, I forgot about this post! The PCK is live now - axle side at the moment, although I'm releasing a frame side as well to be used in conjunction with the axle side for lifts in the 4" range