General maintenance.

Bones

Oct 28, 2022
Recently purchased a 03 4WD Sequoia with about 190,000 miles on it. I have a long road trip planned for it as it is running fine. I was planning on changing the oil, oil filter, spark plugs, air filter, cleaning wheel speed sensors and all that before heading out. Doing all this just because I’m not sure when any of it had been done. I will also be giving it another once over. Any recommends on products to use? I was planning on using Mobil 1 oil, K&N air filter and oil filter and NGK spark plugs as these are what I have used in the past but this is my first Toyota and first higher mileage vehicle. Thanks in advance for any input.

Sequoia03

May 17, 2023
That all sounds good to me. I’d throw some sea foam in the gas tank every few times you fill up just to keep the engine running clean. That stuff has helped me a bit.

Ronny10

Jul 28, 2023
I totally agree. I use Sea Foam in all of my vehicles as well.

Does anyone have a preference in motor oil. I had an unpleasant experience at the dealership and now perform my own oil and filter changes. Currently using the Kirkland (Costco) brand of synthetic 5W-30, considering extended performance high mileage Mobil 1. Any comments?

Tower Hill

Sep 12, 2017
Congrats on the new Sequoia. Your gonna love the old beast.
Sounds like you have a good plan for a tune-up.
Definitely recommend a full synthetic oil.
I have been using the Walmart brand full synthetic high milage 10/30 for years with no issues at all.
Cheers,
Adam

Ronny10

Jul 28, 2023
Sounds good... my research revealed that Warren Distribution manufactures oil for Costco and Wal-Mart to name a few. I've used both with no issues.