Front Strut Lower Bushing

snowfighter10

Jan 3, 2022
Hey Everyone,

My front struts are fairly new. The lower bushings seem to have worn prematurely. Does anyone know if they sell just the bushings? It would be a shame to have to replace the shocks just because the bushings are shot out. Any help is greatly appreciated.

LowYota253

Apr 15, 2023
Ive noticed most peoples lower bushings going out because they were installed wrong and the lower bolt was tightened before the truck was on the ground. Those kind of bushings are ment to be tightened at ride height. Theres a metal inner sleeve that is actually supossed to be squeezed tight and not turn. Same with the stock upper control arm bushings. Unless you upgrade to a polyurethane type bushing found in say the SPC control arms.

I installed some Monroe Quickstruts in mine and one side I tightened during install and the other I didn't. The one side failed almost immediately. Also cramming in some new struts and a lift spacer at the same time is going to put a lot of stress on the bushings. The Monroe struts i founs to actually lift the truck a little bit so installing new struts and a spacer is a recipe for disaster. I found out the hard way. 3in spacer and new struts lifted the front to much causing the uppper control arm to hit the springs. I drove on the springs for 2 months before installing the spacers to get them to break in first with no luck.

Last edited: