Fowldarr's Introduction and Build Thread

fowldarr

Apr 26, 2018
Hey guys, I've been lurking around for a week or two, chiming in when I can and getting lots of good ideas.

We bought the Sequoia about 5 years ago, it's paid off, has 164,000 miles on it. It's a 2002 Limited model. We also had a 2012 Tundra that was my daily driver, while the wife used the sequoia to play taxi to our 4 kids. Well, the time came where we had some long road trips ahead of us, the kids were bigger, and we just needed something bigger. The sad day came when we traded the Tundra in on a brand new 2018 Suburban (It was so new that my insurance company had to call Chevrolet to confirm the VIN because it wasn't in the system yet). The suburban is awesome, brand new, and still under warranty.

Now the wife drives the burb, and I walk to work most days. The sequoia has been sitting there feeling a little neglected.

I was going to buy a truck to make runs to the dump and go buy lumber and other general 'guy' stuff, but I didn't want another payment, and I wouldn't get enough out of the Sequoia to get what I wanted either, so then a plan began to form.

The plan:

I'm going to fix up the sequoia a little bit, and buy a trailer for hauling duties.

What it needs:
1) Cleaned (it hauled kids for 5+ years), and it's been sitting in Oregon and anything that sits in Oregon begins to grow stuff.
2) Fix the taillight (if you look closely you'll see where one of my kids busted it)
3) Find out what is whining in the engine bay (mechanic friend thinks the starter is not disengaging, but I don't know if the timing belt was ever done, or the water pump, or anything else that is really expensive to do)
4) Replace the tires. It currently rides on Toyo ATII, but one wore out prematurely, and now it has a mismatched tire on the back passenger side. Since it doesn't get driven much not a big deal right now.
5) Mild lift

That will be it to start. If all that goes well, then I'll start looking at armor and roof racks, and winches, and all that other sexy bling some of you have.

Attachments

• IMG_3840[1].JPG
    IMG_3840[1].JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 29

fowldarr

Apr 26, 2018
I forgot that I'm totally ditching the mall cruising short person assistors that garnish the sides (the running boards)

mulze42

Known Member
Oct 10, 2017
Can't wait to see what you do with it! Good to have a paid off project truck! Especially one that will last awhile!