Fire Extinguisher Location Help

mulze42

Known Member
Oct 10, 2017
Hey guys,

I am interested in putting a H3R Performance MX250B Fire Extinguisher using a 3" Quick Fist clamp into my 2006 Sequoia. I am interested in putting in the rear cargo area, ideally on one of the D-pillars. When I was attempting to take the trim off I noticed that there seemed to be a rubber gasket behind the passenger side D-pillar trim. I'm very hesitant to drill into it as I don't know exactly what it is or contains.

Does anybody know what this gasket is? Hopefully not an airbag. I haven't found any information on it during my search of the internet.

Also, does anybody else have a fire extinguisher mounted in their vehicle? If so where and how is it mounted?

Sal R.

Very Well-Known Member
Apr 6, 2017
San Diego
Rubber gasket? I don't remember seeing anything like that back there. Got a pic?

Here's mine:
IMG_20171019_122514.jpg

mulze42

Known Member
Oct 10, 2017
I will get a pic for you tonight I hope. What's interesting is that it appears that you don't have a seat belt mount on your d pillar for the third row while I do. Was yours there before?

Sal R.

Very Well-Known Member
Apr 6, 2017
San Diego
I will get a pic for you tonight I hope. What's interesting is that it appears that you don't have a seat belt mount on your d pillar for the third row while I do. Was yours there before?

I took it out when I put in my cargo box.

mulze42

Known Member
Oct 10, 2017
I took it out when I put in my cargo box.

Interesting. I will have to get to it next week and will determine what I'm looking at. I don't think it was airbag though considering how far back it is.

mulze42

Known Member
Oct 10, 2017
Ended up finding a user on the Facebook Sequoia forum that posted this setup so I after several trial and error locations that I'd now like to replace I ended up with this location. Used a 3" Quick Fist clamp / M6x80mm bolt / M6 washer and screwed directly into the existing frame location and use the cup holder as an extra clamping location.

Attachments

• IMG_9438.JPG
    IMG_9438.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 33
Reactions: Sequoia4WD