Driver door doesn’t close

Mindstate88

Sep 21, 2019
Let me explain, it closes and locks but from the outside it’s not flush even, with the rest of the truck.

I can bump the door just a little and the red light on the dash will turn on saying a door is open and the dome light turns on.
My temporary fix is turn the dome light off but the light underneath the dash next to the pedals turn on and off while I’m driving and it’s driving me crazy.. any help to fix the door ?
I was thinking maybe it’s misaligned, or the rubber seal around the door is needs to be replaced...
Idk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flank

Oct 19, 2019
I don't know if this is still an issue, but I had an issue closing on mine - reminded me of my old Expedition closing problem.

If your door has trouble latching on the 2nd stage (will latch but not flush unless you slam it hard) - it is probably that the plastic cover of the latch mechanism on the door side (the actual latch mechanism in the door, not body) has worn out or come off. It provides the extra 1/16" nudge to latch the door and provides cushion instead of metal on metal latching.

I wrapped the body side latch anchor (the bottle opener) with a couple of wraps of electrical tape on the outside most portion. - takes up the space and provides the necessary cushion. With 2-4 layers of tape, it will probably last a year or more, then may need to be redone, but beats buying a new latch and time to replace.

Reactions: Delynnmarie