Unanswered Daily Driving with 4WD on

Ayeayer0nn

Nov 10, 2019
Vehicle Drivetrain
4wd
Vehicle Year
Is it safe to drive with 4WD on?
According to the user manual this is the best and economy suggestion.

“H” mode (high speed position, two− wheel drive): Front drive control lever at “H” Use this for normal driving on dry hard− surfaced roads. This position gives greater economy, quietest ride and least wear and better vehicle control.

“H” mode (high speed position, four− wheel drive, center differential unlocked): Front drive control lever at “H”, “4WD” switch pushed once Use this for normal driving on all types of roads, from dry hard−surfaced roads to wet, icy or snow−covered roads. This position provides greater traction than two−wheel drive.

Johnsonman

Nov 25, 2019
Yes - a little more wear/tear on front drive parts and of course lower fuel efficiency (usally about 1mpg or so). In general, I only turn my 4wd or lock the center diff if I anticipate I need it. Vehicle feels 'lighter' with only 2wd on. Luck and enjoy.

Reactions: Ayeayer0nn

Jgrauman

Feb 18, 2019
Yes you can drive in 4wheel all the time, BUT the first option you have that says "This position gives greater economy, quietest ride and least wear and better vehicle control" is for high 2wd as quoted above.

Reactions: Ayeayer0nn