Concern with a sound - transmission?

Jim M

Nov 24, 2021
See my other thread here "
Good source for OEM discounted parts
to hear about my baseline service. I know all the debate about transmission fluid change vs. miles. I have no record it was performed. Did not want a flush to loosen up all the clutch material and clog my valve body, and also worried about snapping 20 yo tranny pan bolts (been there done that), so opted with reservation to just do a drain/fill. One now, and will do again a couple times. 110K miles presently. It shifts into 1st/reverse gear quickly, all the others smoothly. I hear a sound though most predominantly in first, less in second and quiet elsewhere. It sounds like a rush of air in a strong fan. The first drain/fill did not make a difference. I am wondering if (when) changing the TB will quiet things down, or if it is the transmission. Hope not with the low miles. It sounds laboring to get the heft going, but the feel is strong. This has me worried. I don't think it is a wobbly radiator fan, because it quiets down in upper gears. Has anybody else had this?
BTW, the fluid was darker, but still cherry colored. No burnt smell. I think from the inspection it must have been changed, but since I had no record it was ever done, I decided to go ahead in spite of my reluctance and reservations.